Impossible™ Sausage, Corn, and Cherry Tomato Pasta
From our friends over at Impossible.
- Impossible™ Sausage (Spicy, 14 Oz)
- 1/2 Loaf Finely Diced French Bread Or Coarse Bread Crumbs
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Divided
- 1 Pinch Kosher Salt, Plus Additional To Taste
- 1 Pinch Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Chopped Parsley, Plus Additional Leaves For Garnish
- 12 Ounces Pasta Such As Gemelli, Cassarecia, Orecchiette, Or Penne (Fresh Or Great Quality, Dried)
- 1/2 Red Onion, Finely Diced
- 1 Clove Garlic, Finely Chopped Or Microplaned
- 2 Ears Corn, Shucked, Kernels Removed From The Cob
- 1 Basket Cherry Tomatoes, Cut In Half
- Chili Flakes, To Taste
- BAKE THE BREAD CRUMBS
Preheat oven to 375°F. Toss the diced French bread in a bowl with two tablespoons extra virgin olive oil. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Spread evenly on a baking sheet. Cook until golden brown and crispy, about 10-12 minutes. Remove and add half the parsley while still hot; set aside.
- BOIL THE PASTA
Place a large pot of water seasoned with salt on the stove and bring to a boil. Add the pasta to the water and cook according to package directions or until al dente. Drain, reserving a half cup of the pasta water.
- COOK THE IMPOSSIBLE SAUSAGE
While the pasta is cooking, add the remaining one tablespoon olive oil to a 10-12 inch sauté pan over medium high heat. Drop heaping tablespoons of the sausage into the pan (about 20 spoonfuls). Cook until brown on both sides, about 2-3 minutes. Remove sausage from the pan, and set aside.
- COOK THE VEGETABLES
Add the onions and garlic to the same sauté pan, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for about 2-3 minutes until soft and translucent. Add the corn and cook for another 2 minutes, then add the cherry tomatoes and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Finish by adding the sausage and the reserved pasta water to the pan and bring to a boil. Add the cooked pasta to the pan, and combine thoroughly with the sauce. Turn off the heat.
- SERVE AND ENJOY
Finish with remaining parsley and chili flakes if desired. Place into a large bowl or individual bowls and garnish with the seasoned breadcrumbs and parsley leaves.