TiNDLE Mushroom Stroganoff
From our friends over at TiNDLE.
- 400g (14 oz) TiNDLE, cut into pieces
- 100g (3½ oz) vegan butter
- 50g (1¾ oz) flour
- 1 red onion, cubed
- 1 green capsicum, cubed
- 8 white button mushrooms, quartered
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 500ml (16¾ fl oz) plant milk
- 100ml (3¼ fl oz) water
- 2 mushroom bouillon
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp white pepper
- 100g (3½ oz) vegan sour cream
- Cut TiNDLE into pieces.
- Melt half the butter in a hot pan at low heat. Sear TiNDLE pieces and set aside.
- In the same pan, add onions, capsicum and mushrooms. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic in the pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Add remaining butter and stir until butter is melted.
- Add in flour. Stir and cook for another 2 minutes to remove raw flour flavour.
- Add in milk, bouillon, white pepper and thyme. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in water, and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in TiNDLE pieces and simmer for 2 minutes until TiNDLE reaches an internal temperature of 75°C (165°F).
- Stir in sour cream.
- Serve over pasta or potatoes.